Today, I am celebrating the 100th post on my blog! This has been a goal of mine to reach 100 posts. My thinking was that I couldn’t consider myself a “real” blogger unless I had 100 posts. Since I am now a “real” blogger, I’m inviting you to my party! 🙂
Well, I’m not really having a party, but I am inviting bloggers to write guest posts on my blog. 🙂 So, effective immediately, I am accepting guest posts! I plan to publish one to two guest posts per week. These posts will normally appear on the weekend, but occasionally they may appear during the week. Below are details about the process.
What kind of content do I accept?
Anything that is beneficial to my readers is good content for a guest post here. The following are types of content that will be beneficial to my readers:
- Family Leadership and Life Lessons
- Family business and Entrepreneurship
- Fitness and living an active lifestyle
Please do not include any advertisement, or anything that would be the equivalent of a sponsored post. If you are interested in advertising on my site, you can get more info on my advertising page.
- Your post must be original and have never been posted on the Internet or in print.
- You agree not to publish your post anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may post a brief “teaser” or summary of your post on your site with a link to the post. I highly recommend this.
- Your post must include your byline, with up to three links (links are optional): one link to your blog or web site, one link to your bio or About page, and one to your Twitter profile.
- Your post should be at least 400 words, and no more than 800 words.
Tips for Successful Guest Posting
Below are some helpful links to help you get the most benefit from your guest post:
- The Simple Blueprint for a Killer Guest Post via Tentblogger
- 7 Crucial Tactics for Writing a Wildly Successful Guest Post by The Blog Tyrant (via CopyBlogger)
- 9 Ways to Become an Exceptional Guest Poster via ProBlogger
- Seven Steps to Writing a Successful Guest Post by Jeff Goins (via Michael Hyatt)
- If necessary, I may edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make major changes (which I doubt will be needed), I will email the post back to you for review and approval before posting.
- I may provide a short intro or conclusion to your post to share why I think your post is important. My intro or conclusion will be separated from yours, so the readers will know that they are my thoughts, and not yours.
If your post meets the above guidelines you can email it to me at jackie [at] jackiebledsoejr [dot] com. I will be checking submissions at least once per week. Your submissions must include the following:
- Please make the subject of your email as follows: Guest Post Submission – Your Name
- Please include a one to three-sentence byline that includes what you do, your blog address, your Twitter username, and your Facebook profile/page address.
- Please include how many readers, followers, and fans you have: number of blog readers (email and RSS), Twitter followers, and Facebook fans.
- Please confirm that you will engage with my readers in the comments to your post. This is very important, and will be very beneficial to you.
- Please include your post in the body of the email. DO NOT include it as an attachment to your email.
I am not obligated to approve or publish your guest post. If I reject your post, I will notify you, and you will be free to do what you want with the post. This includes publishing it elsewhere on the Web or in print.