Has your wife every told you to “MAN UP?” Well, my wife basically told me that yesterday. And then she looked at our daughter to cosign. I didn’t say much.
Well, you see, I recently came into contact with some poison ivy. And let’s just say I haven’t handled it too well. So, do my wife and daughter have a point saying, women are tougher than men?
The cold test: Man cold vs. Woman cold
When my wife gets a cold, our household pretty much functions the same. She still does more than everybody else around the house. You can pretty much say I suck. I need to pick up my domestic sexy even more during that time, but I am pretty bad at taking care of sick folk.
On the other hand, when I get sick, I almost single-handedly shut the house down. A basic cold has me functioning at about 20%! My wife knows when I get sick, it is about to get “real in the field.” I admit she is way tougher than me in that area.
5 ways women are tougher than men
- They have stronger immune systems. Estrogen, found in a woman’s body, suppresses an enzyme that interferes with the body’s defense system. Hmm, so this may explain why I am a big baby when I get the smallest of colds. My immune system is weak!
- They have the kryptonite to the male ego. The fragile male ego. A woman’s ego is not as fragile, therefore it will always beat the male ego. I don’t know what it is, but another dude can do or say something and it has no impact on your self-esteem or ego. But a woman can say just the right, or wrong, thing and you lose all your super strength!
- They carry little people in their bodies, and somehow get them out. How that happens, I do not know. I’ve watched, up close and personal, all three of my children being delivered. And I do know, there is no way any man could do, nor handle that. Tell a man, somebody is going to reach their hands inside a certain part of their body and pull something 20″ long and 8 lbs. Curtains! No, sir!
- They clip, pluck, shave hairs in places that have to be painful. Eyebrows, legs, underarms, private areas. Those are all places I do not want any razors, or pulling going on. I imagine that as pulling a band aid off your forearm. Not pleasant, but women do it regularly. I’m sure a tear or two would form if men did that.
- They take EXTREMELY hot baths. I’ve had to question our relationship a few times when jumping in the tub with water my wife has run, or when washing my hands in the same sink she just finished. I guess women are probably cleaner than men too, because they literally burn the germs off their body.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Now I need you to weigh in. Are women tougher than men? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and by answering the following questions.
Ladies: What ways are women tougher than men?
Fellas: What ways are men tougher than women?
photo credit: steve heath via photopin cc