In January, I launched my 2015 Reader Survey. It’s the third time I’ve done this, and just like the first two times it has provided great feedback, which helps me know you, my readers, better. The value is it benefits you by helping me understand more about how I can best help you through my blog.
Almost twice as many people participated in this survey as compared to the survey I did in the middle of 2014. For those of you who are new to my site, or missed the survey when I originally released it, you can still participate. Just click here to access the survey. It will take you less than two minutes to complete.
Who are my readers
One of the greatest benefits is the survey results have allowed me to update my “reader profile.” An updated reader profile continues to help me know who I’m writing to when I create new blog posts and other content. Here is what my reader profile looks like.
- My typical reader is a male (79%) between the ages of 25-44 (72%)
- Most of the men are married (96%), as well as most of the women who responded (69%)
- About three-fourths of the couples have been married between 3-20 years (3-7 years = 24%, 8-12 years = 21%, 13-20 years = 29%)
- The household income was spread evenly with most readers’ annual household incomes being between $50k-$75k (28%)
- More than half of those who responded have 2 or 3 kids (61%)
While the changes in my second survey in comparison to my first survey were more drastic, there weren’t a lot of demographic changes from my 2014 survey to my 2015 survey.
This confirms the fellas want to have better marriages and are hungry for it.
Yet, there are also ladies who are benefiting from hearing a man’s perspective on leading and loving a family.
What my readers want me to talk about
As similar to the last time the two open-ended questions I asked have provided the most value by far. I asked readers to tell me their top question about marriage and parenting that I absolutely NEED to answer on my blog.
These answers have given me great insight into how I can best help you. Here are some of the responses.
- How do you keep the “sparks,” passion, and romance flowing in your marriage?
- How do I connect with and stay connected with my children?
- How do we keep lines of communication open and deal with communication issues in marriage?
- What are the best discipline practices that work with kids?
- How do I serve my wife daily, love her deeper, and care for her when she’s wounded?
- How do I best instill our values as well as respect for us in our children?
My wife and I face, or are facing many of these challenges. I’m looking forward to sharing solutions that will bring about the results we all hope for. Yet, after 13 years of marriage and speaking with numerous other couples, I know there are more questions and concerns to be addressed.
As I said earlier, there is still time to participate and share what answers you’d like me to provide on my blog.
If you already participated in the survey, thank you for taking the time to do so. If you haven’t yet, I look forward to receiving your responses and going to work on solutions for your questions and concerns.
[reminder]What is the biggest question you’d like to see answered when it comes to marriage and parenting?[/reminder]