I posted here on my blog about taking the Ultimate Blog Challenge this month, in which I will post 30 new entries throughout the month of April. Not necessarily one per day, but by the time May 1st comes I will have 30 new blog posts on my site. It has been challenging, as this post makes post #9 out of 13 days, but I am enjoying it.
One of the things I am enjoying the most is connecting with other bloggers who are apart of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. I have read some interesting and valuable posts while meeting some pretty cool people. It has also “forced” me to begin to clean-up the design of my blog. Here are a few things I’ve updated or cleaned up since beginning the challenge:
- Set up my RSS Feed so readers can receive updates in their feed when I post new entries (RSS subscribe button is under the right sidebar section titled “Let’s Connect”).
- Set up my a E-Newsletter with a subscription box (right sidebar of each page) to allow my readers to receive my newsletter. Make sure you subscribe!
- Set up a Facebook Page for my blog (separate from my personal FB profile) to provide another way for readers to connect with me. If you want to receive updates via Facebook, then please LIKE my Page.
- Begin to use the Buffer App to pre-schedule social media posts, making it easier for me to share links to interesting news and blog posts from others with my Twitter followers and Facebook fans.
- Added a Related Content plug-in to suggest related content to each of my posts that my readers see (located at the end of each blog post).
Although I am a few posts behind, this challenge has been great due to me accomplishing some of the things that I had previously put off. I will continue to make tweaks and adjustments to my site throughout the month, as I continue to the daily discipline of reading, writing, and sharing with all of you. Look for another update in a week or so!
Question: Those taking the Ultimate Blog Challenge – what positive results has the challenge brought about? To those not involved with the Ultimate Blog Challenge – have you began to add a new habit that can help you GET better? Please share in the comments below.