Last month, I launched my 2014 Reader Survey. It’s the second time I’ve done this, and just like the first time it has provided very valuable feedback. It’s so valuable as it benefits you by helping me understand more about how I can best help you through my blog.
More than twice the number of people participated in this survey in comparison to the survey I did in 2013. I’m happy about that because it’s only been out for 30 days. For those of you who are new to my site, or missed the survey when I originally released it, you can still participate. Just click here to access the survey. It will take you less than two minutes to complete.
Who are my readers
One of the greatest benefits is the survey results have allowed me to create a “reader profile.” Now I better know who I’m writing to when I create new blog posts. Here is what my reader profile looks like.
- My typical reader is a male (75%) between the ages of 25-44 (78%)
- Most of the men are married (72%), as well as most of the women who responded (63%)
- The number of years couples have been married primarily ranges from 3-20 years (3-7 years = 23%, 8-12 years = 19%, 13-20 years = 26%)
- A smaller portion of men are the primary income source (38%), while most are two-income households (48%)
- On average each survey participant has 2-3 kids
A lot has changed demographically since my first survey. My first survey revealed a reader profile made up of mostly women (60%). So, what this says is the fellas want to have better marriages and be better parents as well as the ladies.
What my readers want me to talk about
The answers to the last two questions in my survey have provided the most value by far. I asked readers to tell me their top question about marriage and parenting that I absolutely NEED to answer on my blog. These answers have given me great insight into how I can best help you. Here are some of the responses.
- How do you overcome the fears and shortcomings that exist for you as a man?
- How do we encourage our children to love and respect each other?
- How do I get our marriage to the point where we are “in love” again, like it used to be?
- How do I balance encouraging my child with disciplining them?
- How do we get ideas for date night?
- How do I ensure my kids and I have a healthy relationship when they are adults?
- How do I keep my marriage from becoming like so many other marriages…stuck?
- How do you motivate teenagers?
- How do you teach listening to understand rather than solve or criticize?
- How do you raise a young child in a Christian atmosphere?
These are some great questions and tough challenges we all face. I’m looking forward to providing solutions that will bring about the results we all hope for. Yet, I know there are more questions and concerns to be addressed.
As I said earlier, there is still time to participate and share what answers you’d like me to provide on my blog.
If you already participated in the survey, thank you for taking the time to do so. If you haven’t yet, I look forward to receiving your responses and going to work on solutions for your questions and concerns.