I would not say that I am an avid reader, but I do really enjoy reading. Having a spouse and 3 kids to spend time with probably keeps me from reading more, but I try to spend time reading (books) daily. Here are some books that I have read this year, am currently reading, or plan to read soon.
- The Core by Leigh Bortins
- Thrive Fitness by Brendan Brazier
- Thrive The Vegan Nutrition Guide by Brendan Brazier
- Fit for Life by Harvey Diamond
- The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
- Who Moved My Cheese for Kids by Spencer Johnson (read with my kids)
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Heaven is For Real for Kids by Todd and Sonja Burpo (read with my kids)
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham
- Wealth is it Worth it? by S. Truett Cathy
- Outliers by Malcom Gladwell
Reading is a very important part of my personal growth. I encourage you to make reading a daily habit. The time you spend reading will provide a return that cannot be measured. Remember READERS are LEADERS.
Question: What books have you read recently, are reading, or plan to read soon? Please share in the comment sections below.
I just finished Life Would Be Perfect if I Lived in That House by Meghan Daum. Excited to start Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand this week.
Thanks for sharing Kimberly!
The only one on that list I’ve read is “Heaven is for Real”. As for what I’ve read so far this year, I compiled a list here (
http://renewing-your-mind.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-im-reading.html ) and plan to do a monthly post about what I am reading.
Heaven is for Real was awesome…GREAT family read!
Honestly, I didn’t really like it, for many reasons, but I understand why it’s very popular.
Checked out your list…thanks for sharing.
Deepening the colors sounds interesting…I may have to check that out.
It’s great. It’s required reading for first-year students at the college where my husband works, which is how we came to know about it.
Have you read Steve Jobs? I’ve heard a lot of good things about that book and wonder what you think? I read pretty avidly -even for being a mother/wife- and right now I’m enjoying a lot of pregnancy books so you probably wouldn’t be interested. Haha. But happy to see someone sharing their list! 🙂
I have not read Steve Jobs yet. It is on my to read list…hopefully I get to it soon. No pregnancy books for me…haha…although when my wife was last pregnant I read portions of some with her. 🙂
Thanks for commenting!