If you have lived long enough than you have experienced broken promises. Whether that be a broken promised to you or a broken promise from you, more than likely it has happened. It is not a good feeling no matter which side of the broken promise you find yourself on.
prom•ise = Noun: A declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that guarantees that a particular thing will happen.
The past week as I was taking a class at church on prayer, a brief discussion came up about how God will not do anything that goes against what He has said (promised) in His word, the Bible. When we put our faith in Jesus Christ these promises become active in our lives.
Like with most things that resonate deeply with me, it led me to open up my Bible and dig out some of my favorite passages of scripture in which God made a promise. I’ve been reading through the list this past week and it has been a tremendous source of encouragement.
I want to share them with you, in hopes that they provide encouragement for you as well. Enjoy and please share!
12 Promises That Will Never Be Broken
- Get up early and you will find God. Proverbs 8:17
- All things you need will be given to you. Matthew 6:33
- Whatever you do will prosper. Psalm 1:3
- You will be successful. Joshua 1:8
- God will be with you. Joshua 1:9
- You will live life to the fullest. John 10:10
- You will be wise. James 1:5
- Things will work out good. Romans 8:28
- Despite your circumstances, you will win. Romans 8:37
- When you read the Bible you’ll have what you need to complete your work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- You will reach your goal if you don’t give up. Galatians 6:9
- Everything that God says will happen. Isaiah 55:11
This is a small list, and perhaps I’ll add more in the future. Here is another list, sharing what God says about you, posted by one of my online mentors, Scott Williams. I hope you are encouraged.
Question: Please share your thoughts on these promises and add some bible promises of your own in the comment section below.
Awesome! What an empowering blog you have here Jackie. Continue sharing the “Good news”…. “God news!”
Thanks Robin! I will definitely do that!