Have you ever really gone to God in prayer consistently? Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I believe what the bible says. Yes, I believe in prayer. But I admit, my prayer life could be better. However, after a recent class on prayer at my church, and a commitment to pray more consistently, I have come to realize and experience that “When You Pray, God Don’t Play!”
A new commitment
After going through the class and just having my mind opened wide up about the topic of prayer, how to pray, and what to pray, I committed to do better. I committed to joining my church members for a prayer call every morning at 6:30am, I recommitted to waking up earlier each morning to have private time in prayer, reading my bible, and just being thankful. Since then God has just really “acted up” (in a good way), and I think He is only getting started.
- My wife and I have gotten up early, and exercised every other morning together. Something we’ve never been able to do together, and one of our goals toward living an active lifestyle. Answered Prayer!
- My mother-in-law was waiting on a diagnosis from the doctor with a concern that cancer cells were spread in her body, leading to a 2nd operation (or worse). The doctor’s office called this week, and said the initial report of a 2nd operation to remove cancer cells was wrong. No cancer cells, no operation needed! Answered Prayer!
- I set a goal at the beginning of the month to secure 3 guest post opportunities on other blog(s). Last week I got invited to be a weekly writer for one of the top family blogs. That is not just 3 guests posts, but 4 per month! Answered Prayer!
- Our 2-year old son is now potty trained! Big boy is wearing real undies! Haha That may seem insignificant, but God hears all our prayers, and I am sure this was a BIG one for my wife! 😀 Answered Prayer!
I don’t know where you stand in your faith and in regard to prayer, but be encouraged. There is truly power in prayer, and like I found out, “When You Pray, God Don’t Play!”
Great bible verses to encourage you in your prayer life
- “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of Him.” – 1 John 5:14-15
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.” – Philippians 4:6-7
- “You can ask for anything in My Name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.” – John 14:13
- “Then call on Me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give Me glory.” – Psalm 50:15
- “The Lord is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him in truth.” – Psalm 145:18
- “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” – James 5:16
- “You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.” – Matthew 21:22